Monday, March 9, 2009

appreciation

not a day passes that i don't appreciate the jaw surgery i had so many years ago
i can chew, turn my head and talk with friends without pain
having access to that care gave me this life

being a self-sufficient adult feels so sweet

swinging my arms and legs after work toward tabor or through laurelhurst fills my body with an adrenaline rush i crave constantly
some days the hail bounces from my bright, white jacket
other days, the wind presses against my forehead and rain falls from my brow
this summer, i'll crest firelane 7 in shorts and a sports bra
my body is a miraculous capsule

the emotions flowing through me bring highs, lows and mediums that still awe me, even after all these years
i chase these words, hoping that this time i'll capture "it," the perfect essence of this moment or that memory
but every new experience moulds herself differently and i find the words escape me
just to stand at the entrance of reality and let the chills flow
is enough

No comments: