Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The UNKNOWN

I wrote this poem about 5 years ago after graduating from college and starting my first job. Last week, I resigned from an iteration of that job. There are fragments of truth in what I wrote that ring so true. Again, I find myself on the precipice of the unknown, a familiar, yet daunting place to be. It is comforting to find wisdom in my 5-year-old words. All these years later, they are still so relevant to my life.

I have emerged from this long tunnel of crazy-muddy-flailing-foggy-hazed night
only to kiss the stars wide and bright
my excitement beats hot and fresh
into sweat beads on my brow
here i am at the beginning of another long voyage
the movement of these vibrations
cut me
in places where memories are not meant to be ripped
but apart they come
like microwaved celophane
melting off a pan
clinging, like my soul, for some scent of familiarity
i push myself, always, into the raging ocean of the unknown
simply for the challenge

No comments: