Thursday, August 20, 2009

drifting

10 ft above my portland room
i sit
weather-worn boards lie parallel with my calves
and the tissue paper lamplight from my friend's room shines out
into this peaceful portland night
"i'm going to fight for the right to release myself"
sing tegan and sara
"here i am"
yes
here
i
am
so many tones have drifted from my soul during these final hours
saying goodbye to portland's familiar faces
or that 50m stretch on tabor that changes each moment i visit
nodding farewell to the blue house on madison street
to tissue paper light
and weather-worn boards
cascara berries bleed onto the white terry cloth softness where my lips once caressed another's
sunday night will find me walking away
books in hand
and heart ready
for what the world has to show
but tonight
i'm drifting
lost in the memories of so many years

No comments: