Tuesday, September 22, 2009

untitled

taking photos of empty faces makes me feel hollow and brings back high school memories
back then, i was unaware of the importance of being vulnerable
my authentic self just a tiny seed inside the earth
waiting for the moment of arrival
we all hang onto comforting stories
even if they're not worth telling
the years have taught me that experience is confidence
and happiness is not what i want
same goes for you if you repeat it as many times in your head
as it takes a stone to soften into dust
worn away with words and meaning
a friend told me once we tell ourselves stories so we can sleep at night
and then rise again in the morning
he's right, i think
through story, we create reality
and through these tales
learn how to navigate our lives

1 comment:

Alexander Goldner said...

Great prose Tracey! Just what I needed to read after hours of chemistry...