Friday, November 22, 2013

Reporting a complex issue

I've been digging into physician shortages in Missouri from an ER perspective this past month. I'm getting a taste of what it means to report on a complex issue. I've been wrestling with the actual writing part for a few days now and it's by far the most amount of time I've spent writing an article this semester. I've noticed a few things about this type of reporting.
  • First - Time flies. 
  • Second - It's hard to stop reporting. 
There seems to be an endless number of sources and an endless amount of research I could be doing. I can learn so much on this topic. In fact, some of the people I've spoken to have dedicated their careers to reducing the physician shortage in rural Missouri. It feels strange to swoop in for a moment, shine a light and tell a story and swoop back out.

No comments: