Saturday, September 21, 2013

Thinking like a journalist

The lessons are finally starting to sink in. I find myself dreaming about frames. Well, not every night. It was just one time last week right before the full moon. I tossed and turned all night and started to realize that all these articles I've been reading and all these lectures I've been attending are starting to reverberate within my mind.

They're making me a better writer. I can feel myself connecting with my own voice. And, I'm also thinking more critically about the way I introduce, structure and build characters and events in my articles.

I sweat through every word, turning it over and examining it to see if it will express my meaning. I have never considered my words so carefully. I am just at the beginning of this journey, but it feels good knowing that I'm beginning to think like a journalist.

No comments: