Saturday, September 21, 2013

Wednesday GA

I left the Missourian on Wednesday night around 7:30 p.m. It was dusk and the moon was bright. As I biked past the MU power plant toward my house, I felt proud and tired. I had just written two articles. They weren't earth-shattering. They were both just informative news pieces. But, I started and finished them within a 10-hour work day.

I become an expert on an event called Food Dialogues that would discuss farming and animal welfare. Then I became an expert on the 911 tax. I started to realize that becoming an expert on a topic that fast makes it difficult to remember other things.

I also started to wonder how I would be able to keep so much information in my brain. But, I think the process will become natural as I practice doing background research, interviewing, writing and accuracy checks. In the meantime, I expect to be frazzled after GA and probably unable to focus on anything besides eating and laughing with my housemates.

My articles from Wednesday are below:

Event seeks to further understanding between farmers, consumers

City, county announce transition dates for Public Safety Joint Communications

No comments: