Thursday, October 3, 2013

Sub-beat

I started reporting for the government shutdown sub-beat today. Joe Dixon and I co-wrote an article about the closure of nutrition education programs across Missouri. It was the first time I co-wrote an article and I really enjoyed it. It was fun to discuss every sentence, and even though it took longer than normal, I think it was valuable to write an article with someone else. He suggested viewpoints I hadn't taken and ways of writing I hadn't considered. The experience made me realize I need to expand my sentence structure repertoire and include more semi-colons, dashes and perhaps even creative turns-of-phrase. I need to spend more time analyzing the way people write when I read, rather than simply reading to gather information.

Government shutdown stops MU Extension nutrition education

No comments: