Sunday, October 13, 2013

Writing on deadline

I've never had to work under an actual deadline. But Thursday evening, after I returned from an event, Stephanie told me I had 45 minutes to write the article. I spent 10 minutes panicking that it wasn't enough time. Ironic, right? But, then I just started typing. It was just me and my notes and one deadline. All the other thoughts about grading, my law paper, the article for tomorrow, just disappeared. I had one task. It turns out, I didn't finish the article by 9:30 p.m., but I did finish it in time for the copy desk to edit it and send it on to the print desk. I realized I have no idea how that part of the newsroom works and I look forward to learning either this semester or in upcoming semesters.

My article on the Ethics of Obesity lecture is here: Obesity examined: Health Ethics Conference talk at MU encourages compassion

No comments: