Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Orientation Assignment

This past week, I visited the MUPD, the Columbia Police Department and the Boone County Courthouse, which included the the Clerk's offices. I sat in on a divorce case that was incredibly depressing. The moment I entered the courtroom, I felt sadness, frustration and irritation. It was strange to see two people who had once married and brought kids into the world fighting through two lawyers. The MUPD and the Columbia Police Department were essentially closed off to the public, except for the lobbies. I located the blotters and read through some of the recent crimes. The one that stands out was an assault and sodomy charge - yikes! Pictures from my trips are below:

At the Boone County Courthouse - 705 E. Walnut


At the Columbia Police Department - 600 E. Walnut

At the MUPD - 901 Virginia Ave.

1 comment:

The Different Drum said...

Cool posts Trace. Keep up the good work!